Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Reading Aloud

This week we are reading. We read every week, but for some reason this week we are spending a lot more of our time reading. We are reading independently, silently, but most importantly we are reading aloud. I am currently reading three different read alouds.

My youngest is listening to The Willoughby's by Lois Lowry.



This story has completely grabbed her attention, made her giggle, ask about new vocabulary, and provided some great discussion.

Natalie is listening to Heidi.



I have never read this story, but I am so glad I get to read it to Natalie. This story has grabbed us both and is taking us on a lovely journey up high in the Alps.

I brought home The Witches by Roald Dhal from the library.



I thought I might read this to Ella as a Halloween themed book. She saw the cover and wanted nothing to do with it. At lunch Olivia saw it and was asking about it. I read her the description and told her how Ella wasn't interested in listening to this story. Olivia asked, "What about me!?" So, I began reading Witches to Olivia, Natalie, and Maria who spends some time with us each day. All three of them were sucked into the story and are excited to hear more tomorrow.

It is nice to have so much reading going on in my house. Reading aloud allows us to all be a part of an adventure and share thoughtful discussions and ideas about what we have read. I am thrilled all three of my girls are wanting to share stories and be read to.

No comments:

Post a Comment